Wednesday, May 5, 2010

With Teeth by TalulaBlue

Summary:  Edward is a 27-year-old alcoholic/addict struggling with his recovery. Bella is a 23-year-old who's moved back home after college. This fic chronicles how they meet, fall in love, and struggle with the complexities of their relationship. Not nearly as maudlin as it sounds (I hope).


This is one of my favorites right now.  TalulaBlue does an amazing job and I love her writing style.  She is incredibly realistic and doesn't dramatize or downplay things.  It is so nice not to have to read through the bullshit that a lot of authors put into their fics.  


I absolutely love this Edward as well, I've always had a thing for damaged/shattered boys and I'm rooting for him so much!  Bella is always an interesting issue for me in stories, because she is one of those characters I never really liked in the actual books.  In With Teeth, I like her and find her a lot more confident than the self-conscious Bella from the actual books.


Right at this moment, Edward and Bella are in a tough spot and I can't wait to see what is going to happen next!


Though this story does have drug use, so if that is something that bothers you than I would skip this fic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment